Job title: Scientific and technical employee: Chemical Processing Engineer
Field: Chemistry / Chemical Technology
The method of remuneration (remuneration under a contract of employment / scholarship): Contract of employment
Number of job offers: 1
Amount of salary / scholarship (“X0,000 PLN full salary costs, ie approximate amount of net remuneration is X,000 PLN”): Salary, full costs is 5000 PLN (approximate amount of net remuneration is PLN 3,000)
Date of commencement of work: 16/07/2018
Period of employment: 33 months
Institution (unit / institute / faculty / university / institution, city): TOPGaN sp.z.o.o
Project manager / manager: Prof. Dr hab. Piotr Perlin
Project title: Monolithic two-dimensional matrixes of lasers and superluminescent diodes.
The project is implemented as part of the TEAM-TECH program of the Foundation for Polish Science
Project description: The aim of the project is to create two-dimensional matrices of semiconductor edge emitters – laser diodes and superluminescent diodes – in a material system of nitride semiconductors. Emitters will have a horizontal recess, and the light will reflect on the monolithically integrated mirrors that direct the beam perpendicular to the surface of the crystal. Successful completion of the project will result in the creation of innovative nitride instruments – monolithic, two-dimensional emitter matrices.
The advantage of the presented approach is, among others: a square or circular set of light beams, good heat transfer through a thick substrate of gallium nitride leading to several dozen Watts of optical power, simplicity of assembly of multiple devices and ease of addressing individual lasers.
Proposed emitter matrices can become a breakthrough solution for image projectors or white light sources pumped with lasers for applications such as car headlights.
Research tasks: Chemical processing of instruments (nitride quantum structures), in particular, performing:
1. Washing of substrates and epitaxial nitride structures at every stage of processing / formation of instruments.
2. Conducting dry digestion of quantum structures.
3. Making photolithographic designs using the “lift-off” method.
4. Characterization of structures by optical microscopy.
5. Purification of structures in oxygen plasma (“asher”).
Expectations for candidates:
1. At least 5 years of experience in the chemical treatment of semiconductor nitride structures.
2. Knowledge of the specifics of nitride semiconductor structures.
3. Predispositions to work in clean-room type rooms.
4. Knowledge of English.
5. Higher education related to chemical technology.
List of required documents:
3. Summary of professional accomplishments containing concise information on the previous experience in work related to the chemical processing of semiconductor nitride structures.
4. A copy of the diploma of higher education.
Additional information about recruitment (eg website address): Interviews will be held on 10.07.18 at the IWC PAN at Al. Prymasa Tysiąclecia 98, from 13.30hrs. In the case of a requirement on the part of the candidate, an interview may be conducted using the Skype internet messenger.
Address for submitting applications (e-mail): firstname.lastname@example.org, CC: email@example.com
Deadline for sending applications: 03/07/2018
Please include the following clause:
“I consent to the processing of my personal data for the needs necessary to carry out the recruitment process in accordance with the Act of 29 August 1997 on the protection of personal data (Journal of Laws of 2016, item 922, as amended)”